Loggers with radio (UHF) data download are the smallest loggers available in our offer. The main feature (radio download) allowed to reduce logger weight and collect data on local (own) computer during field work. Available in standard version as well with solar panels. Smallest loggers (from 5g) available with Short Range Download (SRD) system while bigger (from 15g) available with Long Range Download (LRD) system.
Data collected by loggers are downloaded via base station. Each base station is supplied with software. Loggers use radio data transmission. GPS-UHF loggers have enough on-board memory to store 130.000 GPS fixes (positions). GPS fixes, additional data (i.e. from dive sensors), and the current operational parameters are transmitted both ways within a range of base station. Users can change the operating parameters remotely in loggers set on animals by using base station software. Solar-powered loggers have a set of internal algorithms that protect the batteries from being overcharged and from being discharged too fast or too deep. Solar-powered loggers automatically switch into GPS interval every 6 hours and data transmission every 24 hours when the power drops below 3.8V and stop all activities when power drops further. The loggers return to the previous settings when the solar panels recharge the battery to their operating voltage.
SRD (Short Range Download) smallest and the lightest GPS trackers from our offer. Remote programming and data access via UHF link - no need to recapture animals. Designed for tracking animals (birds, bats, reptiles) during the breeding season that regularly return to their nests, burrows etc. As well all-year-round tracking of migrants is possible, but with data download when tagged animals will be again in the base station range.
LRD (Long Range Download) the most popular GPS-UHF loger in our offer with radio download option - **from 15g of weight**. In comparison to simple UHF models it gets solar charging as standard thus in addition to battery used data might be downloaded within few kilometres range from base station. Used mostly for breeding birds of prey. Available as backpack in standard and LF (Anti-Cover Ecotone® design) housing, as well as collar ("IBIS" collar design) or leg band.
• data access & programming via UHF link;
• GPS-UHF intervals: user programmable, from 1 to 240 minutes;
• GPS controlled by the operating-hours schedule or diving sensor;
• delayed start: 24, 48 hours or first diving;
• GPS-UHF data:
- GPS position, speed, GPS altitude, battery voltage, operating parameters;
- diving duration with time stamp of each event;
- diving depth (pressure) & temperature (only versions with a depth sensor).
• GPS-UHF SRD link range: (in the line of sight) ground-to-ground >100m, ground-to-air or air-to-ground >500m;
• diving sensor (wet/dry);
• GPS-UHF LR link: base station hand operated or field installed for an automatic
data download and settings change;
• long-life rechargeable battery & charging pins;
• highly efficient solar charger, works well also in a low light conditions ;
• memory capacity: 130.000 GPS positions;
• hydrostatic pressure & temperature sensor (TDR), 0-30 bar (~300m depth),
resolution 2.5 mbar (2.6 cm), absolute value accuracy 50 mbar.
• “No GPS signal” - detects no GPS signal and switches off logger in a den, etc.;
• diving duration logger, records each diving event with timestamps;
• UHF signal (base station) can stop GPS data collection, it protects battery
in a burrow, den or when animal is in the nest;
• UHF digital telemetry. It has ~50% bigger range than UHF communication link.
Enables easier animal locating and coming close enough to download the data.
To get acquainted with the models of our loggers, please visit our shop